Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Jaxon's 2nd Birthday

I guess it's time for my annual post!  Really, has it been a year since I've posted anything??  Sadly yes it has.  It's not like anything hasn't happened in the past year....my baby is TWO!!  So much has happened but that would be a very long post if I included everything from the past year!  I will just stick to his birthday.  This I will say though, I would not have changed anything from the past year and this little boy just continues to be the joy of my life and have me wrapped around his finger!  I love my little happy, 2 year old dude!
 
Jaxon's birthday is August 22, mine is the 23rd, and my sister's is the 24th so it really is a week of birthday celebrations.  The focus is mainly on Jaxon though and I spent most of the week preparing for his birthday and party. 
 
August 22
The day began with Mickey pancakes and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  Yes my child is addicted to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  It's the only show he watches and he would watch it ALL day long if I let him.
 

 Then it was time to open up some presents....
 
We had some free afternoon passes to Disney so what better place to go on our little Mickey fiend's birthday than Disney World!  The weather was a little rainy but it didn't stop us and it made the park not as busy and not as hot so it was perfect!  This was honestly the best part of the whole day though.  Jaxon absolutely LOVED meeting Mickey and Minnie.  Jeff and I were worried he was going to be scared but he couldn't wait to meet them.  He gave them hugs and kisses and was just so cute.  Jeff and I loved it!!

 

This was how happy he was all day :)  I love his "cheese" face.  This was on Pirates of the Caribbean and he also got to go on Buzz Lightyear.  His first rides!  He did awesome on those too and didn't get scared!  I think this was the best day at Disney ever!!
 
 
August 23 and 24
I turned 26 and Tam turned 31!  We went out to dinner in Tampa on my birthday and then on Tam's birthday we went to Anna Maria and the Salty Dog.  The rest of the time we were preparing for Jaxon's party on Saturday and making his cake.
 
I have to share my birthday surprise though :).  Tamree and I weren't supposed to be spending our birthdays together this year.  Both her and I were very sad and disappointed that we weren't going to be together.  It has been our tradition to celebrate our birthdays together and we have been able to keep that tradition even with Jeff and I living in Florida for the past 3 years.  I was feeling very sad too that no family was going to be here for Jaxon's birthday.  I kept hoping that maybe somehow that would change but I knew it was wishful thinking. 
 
Earlier that week on Monday, Jaxon and I had been out running errands and happened to come home the same time as Jeff.  I walked in the house and then heard a knock at the door.  Jeff said "you expecting a package?"  I responded "yeah probably" (I had done some online shopping!) so figured it was some of the stuff I had ordered.  I opened the door and was looking down because I was expecting to see my package.  Instead I saw a pair of legs.  I thought, oh the delivery person is still here.  So I looked up, and did not believe what I saw.  There was my sweet sister standing there all the way from Utah!  I just  started to cry and really thought I was seeing things.  It was the best birthday surprise I have ever gotten!  Tam decided to buy a ticket and fly across country all by herself (for the first time) so we could be together.  Jeff knew and had gone to pick her up from the airport.  I was supposed to be home before they got there so she had to run around the house to the front door when I came home.  They did a good job keeping it secret!  I really had no idea.  It made my week and I'm still so grateful I got to spend that time with her.  I love you Tam!! 
 


 
Saturday finished our birthday celebrations with Jaxon's birthday party and sushi for Tam and I later that night.  We had a Mickey Mouse pool party with some of Jaxon's friends from church and neighbors.  We all had a great time! 
                                                    

After making my first fondant cake last year for his birthday, I told myself it was too much work and I won't do it next year.  But.... after looking on Pinterest and seeing all the cute cakes I thought I would give it a go again.  I'm glad I did and Tam helped me so much too!
 
Jaxon enjoying the frosting.  The only part he eats!
 
Happy birthday to best, cutest, funniest, sweestest, shiest, most lovable little boy I know!
And happy birthday to my Sugarbridges, Tam, I love you and thank you for being willing to share your birthday with your little sis all these years.  I wouldn't have it any other way!
And, I guess, happy birthday to me :)


2 comments:

Lauren Schwartz said...

Yay!! The annual post has arrived! :) I love Jaxon's cheesy smile... so dang cute! I can't help get teary eyed when I read about Tamree surprising you! Makes me so happy! Miss you!

Unknown said...

Haha I know finally! Thanks for the inspiration :). I miss you too!