Sunday, April 6, 2008

New Mexico Game

As I sit here writing this Blog (weird word) it hurts to get up because we had our second game of the season last night and all I do is run and get hit for 2 ½ hours so as you can imagine im pretty sore today. At the old age of 27 my body cant take as much of a beating as I used to and growing up with 4 brothers probably cut a few days off of my recovery time. Some already know that on Friday night Chelsie and I got engaged and ill let her elaborate on the whole “how did he do it?” but yesterday we played New Mexico who I really wasn’t all that impressed with. On the first play of the game we had a play call just for me and I ended up scoring my 2nd TD of the season. We jumped ahead of them by 15 in the first half but in the second half we had 4 people get hurt so they chipped away and ended up taking the lead with about 2 min. left in the game. We got the ball back and got a couple penalties to start the drive so it was very frustrating. It was third down and we only had a minute left in the game and I told my coach to run the same play that we ran the first play of the game which I scored on. At this point I was exhausted and really only had 1 more play in me so I made sure that I got open. We were about 35 yards out from the end zone and Wissler (our QB) put a ball in the corner of the end zone and I snagged it for the go ahead touchdown. I looked up at the clock and there were about 50 seconds left which is a lot of time to score since the field in arena football is substantially shorter. Since our defense is very sketchy we actually ended up giving the game away with 8 seconds to go on a 4th down play. I was fired up. It would have been nice to be the hero of the game but oh well. I think im going to start playing defense because our team needs help. New Mexico wasn’t that good and im pretty sure in a couple weeks we will beat them down there in New Mexico. That was our last home game for 3 weeks and we will be traveling to Wyoming, Arizona and New Mexico. So far it has been a great experience to play in these games against some pretty good competition.

2 comments:

The Lunts said...

YEA YOU GUYS ARE ENGAGED THATS SO GREAT VDAWG TOLD ME YOU WERE SO I HAD TO SEE IF THE STORY WAS UP YET! TELL HER TO GET ON HERE PRONTO AND POST THAT!! HAHA YEA CONGRATS GUYS! MARRIED LIFE IS THE BEST!

Johnsons said...

Way to go on the touchdowns!! too bad you can't do it all on your own. Your teammates are slackin.
Congratulations on your engagement!! I want all the details. We are so happy for you!!