Monday, April 7, 2008

Soon to be Mrs. Jefferson Johnson!!

Well, I figured that it was about time I start contributing to this blog and what better opportunity then to make the big announcement that yes WE ARE ENGAGED!!! I think most of you already know but it finally happened and I’ve been a very happy girl since then.


It all began on Thursday when he told me that he lost his keys to Chichi (his Dodge Neon) but I didn’t think much of it and figured they would show up soon. Well, they didn’t turn up and very early Saturday morning (1:45 am to be exact) my roommate came in and said Jeff was trying to get a hold of me. I had just barely fallen asleep and my phone was on silent so I had no idea he had been calling. I called him back right away and when he answered he sounded kind of panicked and was like “hey, you know how I lost my keys?” He then began to tell me that when he had gotten home the police were there and that someone had stolen Chichi and that they found it on BYU campus! He asked if I would come pick him up because he didn’t have spares for Chichi. I told him of course and that I’d hurry. So I just threw on sweats and a sweatshirt, no make-up, and kept asking my roommate “is something going on?” She of course told me no but I didn’t know quite what to think. I kept telling myself not to get my hopes up, but secretly I was hoping he had something up his sleeve.
I got to where he said Chichi was on campus but I didn’t see anyone so I called his phone but there was no answer so I called again and no answer…so then I started to panic! All these thoughts started running through my head and I began to think he was serious and that he was maybe off chasing after the guy who stole his car! I was trying to figure out what I was going to do when I got closer to Chichi and saw red stuff all
around the car and got even more scared but then realized they were rose petals and on his window he had written READ with an arrow pointing to the back. On the back, there was a card he had written for me and at that point I just started crying. I reached the end of the card and it said “Meet me where I first asked for your number” (which was near the Humanities building for those of you familiar with BYU campus). Still crying, I ran to the spot, and there he was waiting. He came over and got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! I could hardly get anything out but of course I said yes! By that point, my crying had turned into laughing and I couldn’t believe everything that had just happened. BYU definitely will hold a special place in my heart now.

All I have to say though is that I’m the luckiest girl and I couldn’t ask for anything more! I can’t wait to marry the man I love and be with my best friend for the rest of my life. The big day is June 26th and we all hope you will be able to share in our special day!

19 comments:

Heidi Wing said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS!!! So happy for you guys! Married life is the best. Jefferson... I better get an invite

estinger said...

CONGRATS! I'm so happy for you guys, you're the cutest!

Anonymous said...

JJ-
Congrats man!!! That a boy!
I know you are used to hitting the home runs, but bout time you swing the bat on love!
Brandon Bell

Johnsons said...

What a cute story! I am so happy for you guys! Welcome to the family Chels. I am excited to get to know you better, but I love you already!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Amy! I can't wait to get to know you all better too and I can't believe how long it's been since I have seen you guys! I wish we could make it back before the wedding but Jeff always keeps me updated on everything and I love to hear whats goin on. You guys are awesome!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim and Jennifer said...

Yea!! Chels, this is amazing! Feel free to look at our blog...I'm going to bookmark this. Keep us updated with the wedding plans! (You'll probably have to remind Jeff who I am :) )

AnnEE said...

So, Chelsie, I saw that you had a blog, and I couldn't resist. CONGRATS! I loved the story, and I couldn't be happier for you! I look forward to keeping up to date on all of the wedding festivities!

Anne (Hazen)

Unknown said...

Oh yea I'm glad you and Tim have a blog too!! I will def keep you updated and Jeff remembers who you are! :) I saw your pics on facebook too and your lil guy is so cute!!

Unknown said...

Thanks anne! It was so good to hear from you and your blog is so cute! You will have to keep in touch!

Arielle said...

I would have believed it was stolen since it already happened with his other car! Congratulations, we hope to see you out in DC sometime.

Johnsons said...

Um, did you forget you had a blog???????

Amy said...

Time to update the ol' blog you guys! :)

Sarah said...

Chelsie! I don't know how I ran across your blog, but I'm SO happy for you! Congratulations and let's keep in touch!

jeffandsarahnance.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Sarah!! it has been so long! thats so funny you found us on here and im glad you did! we are really bad about keeping our blog updated haha but hopefully we will have more time after the wedding. speaking of which i need your address so we can send you an invite! it would be so good to see you and i hope all is well!

Johnsons said...

Good luck tomorrow!! I sure wish I could be there. We are so happy for you. I will be thinking about you guys all day tomorrow. Love ya and see you soon.

Amy said...

Remember how I have nothing to do out here and how I'm bored out of my mind? Well some of my time could be spent enjoying your blog... if you updated it! So now that the receptions are officially over, I'll be expecting some updates in the next couple weeks, consider yourself warned! :) Just kidding (kind of!). You know I love you guys! Chels, I'll even show you how to make your blog not so boyish (no offense Jeff, Chels and I are already talked about this haha) and how to add people's blogs and make comments on other people's, etc. Oh I can just feel your excitement! I hope you guys had a great time in CA. Have a good week!

Arielle said...

Update your freakin blog!! I know there's been some big events lately that you can post.

Amy said...

I am coming over soon to rescue this blog from dispair!! :)