Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

One more day till Turkey day! Since tomorrow is Thanksgiving, I have been sitting here at work thinking about what I am grateful for. I don’t know about you, but a typical question from my Dad, once we all finally sit down to eat after hours of cooking is, “So what are you thankful for?” I thought I would start thinking now so I am prepared when the question comes tomorrow. :)

Here is a list of some of the things I am thankful for:

My Heavenly Father and brother, Jesus Christ

My membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints

My hubby and our eternal marriage

Jeff’s optimism and fun personality

Second and even third chances (Thank you Jeff for being patient with me)

My family, immediate and extended

Good friends

The scriptures

The Prophet and those who lead our church

My freedom and my agency

Good health

The ability to run, walk, DANCE- (if you ever get the chance, look up the story of Adam Bender. It’s very inspiring!)

Music

The education I have been able to receive

The sun!!

Beaches and warm weather

The employment that both me and Jeff have

The house we have to live in

Water

Food- especially chocolate

Funny people who make me laugh

Phones

The Caddy- I know that sounds materialistic but I just love that car! :)

Pictures

Those who have encouraged and supported me to help me get to where I am today

And that it is almost 5 and I am leaving work! I am going to have to stop here but I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and cherish every moment and the people you are with!

1 comments:

Amy said...

That is a great list, nice idea :) I hope you had an amazing Thanksgiving with your family and that you found something to bring for the dinner! We ended up driving up to WA on Tuesday, so it has been nice to be home. Have a good rest of the break!