Friday, March 27, 2009

Thunder vs. Wyoming

Wyoming-62. Thunder-34. As you can see the results weren’t the best but that didn’t change the fact that the game was amazing and so much fun! It would have been nice if they could have won their first game but Wyoming is one of the best teams and they have been playing together for many years so they had a few advantages. Once the Thunder gets a few more games under their belt, I think they will be a much greater threat. I think they will be able to dominate the other teams too or at least I hope! Jeff of course had an amazing game and failed to disappoint. He had 16 catches for 141 yards! I think he set a new all time record for himself and is off to a great start! An article was published about him today on their website and the link to that is http://www.utahvalleythunder.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=2. It talks about his history and breaking his leg and his determination to get back in the game. Oh, and his height. He is the shortest one on the team but that doesn’t stop him! To quote him, “My whole life (my height) has always been a factor on the football field,” he said. “I use that as fuel as well when people tell me I am too short to play receiver. I thrive on proving people wrong and that gives me an extra boost.” That statement is very true and shows Jeff’s great determination.

Jeff’s next game is this coming Monday and I encourage all who can to go to the game! They really are fun and they make it entertaining for the crowd. Since it’s indoors they can do special lighting, and if a ball goes into the stands you can keep it. It’s also a smaller field so you are much closer and feel more involved. I love college games but I have to admit, I thought this was more fun! Maybe it’s because my love is on the team haha but they really are great games! Hopefully they dominate on Monday!


Signing autographs for kids after the game. The kids in the other picture above our from our Primary.

2 comments:

Jason said...

Great article Jeffy!! Wish we could be out there to watch you play. Love you guys-Cali

CRAIGERS said...

Jeff..........great hands there Dude...and moves. Totally enjoyed the video. I expect to continue to see great stats ..... wish I were closer to catch a game or two. As to WYOMING kicking a**, I mean what did you expect....the Wyo grad I am. :)