Friday, April 17, 2009

Un Perro??




So lately I have been thinking I want to get a puppy! I had started looking at dogs awhile ago then stopped because we just figured it would be too hard to get one right now but that desire is starting to come back! I just go back and forth so much because people say they are so much work…you have to potty train them, find sitters when you go on vacation, and that they are just like a kid! But look at those as pictures, how you could not want a cute little puppy? I started thinking about getting one again when I had to stay by myself while Jeff was gone for his away game. I am such a pansy and don't like being by myself! It would just be nice to have one to keep my company when he is gone but then there are the times I am going to want to go too. Another factor is that both Jeff and I work so I worry about it being by itself while we are gone. We have plenty of space for it though and a yard so I am not worried about that. There are pros and cons but any advice???



They are just so darn cute!









3 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

I say no! haha. They are just so much money and you have to worry about them when you travel, etc. Can you tell I'm not a pet person? It's probably because we are so poor right now... I also have enough fun cleaning up Kyle's poop. Why would I want to scoop dog's poop too?

Amy said...

Hehe you're cute! I went through this phase a while back and then after living in Baltimore last summer with like 15 wives where getting and having a dog was a trend I got out of it pretty fast. They all had to watch each other's dogs if they went away and I got stuck babysitting a chihuahua for a whole week! I almost died!! Just remember that in all those pictures, those puppies get big and aren't cute little babies anymore (unless you get a small dog which is what I would've done if I had gotten one)! But don't let me deter you, I'm just giving my advice! If you guys would love one and don't mind the commitment of taking care of it, I say go for it!! :) That second picture of the jumping white dog is so adorable!

Darla said...

Hi Chelsie,
I'm not sure if you even know who I am...I am a friend of Jeff's, met through Aerotek.
Anyway, as a proud owner of two boxers I say get a dog! They are so fun and are NOT as hard as having a kid. I've gone on 5 week long vacations and tons of weekend vacations and found people willing to watch them, other dog owners usually! Sometimes you can also take them along on the road trips with you. They are GREAT company when the hubs is gone and make things so much fun around the house! You won't regret it, just do your research before buying one, you'll want to find one that best fits yours and Jeffs personalities. :)
-Darla