Tuesday, May 12, 2009

MoM

In honor of Mother’s Day this past Sunday, I thought I would just write a little about my mother and how grateful I am for her. I know everyone says their mother is the best mother in the world but I am just going to have to make a claim that I think my mom is pretty darn close. I have never seen a mother who cares so much about her family. My mother is completely and utterly devoted to her family, and that includes all members, not just her children. Now that she is here in Utah, I have been able to witness the sweet way she cares for her own parents. She loves spending time with them and doing things for them and they just eat it up! Her role as a mother has taken on new boundaries as she is now the grandmother of nine very busy grandchildren! Her role as my mother over the years has even changed and takes on different shapes as I grow and begin new stages of my life. She no longer feeds me, dresses me, does my hair, drives me around town, or tells me whether or not I can go out at night but she still loves me, cares for me, supports me, advises me, and is a best friend to me. Those are things I cherish and so thankful for because I know they will never change and that I can always count on her. My mother is my best friend and an angel in my life. I think of her and I literally see a halo around her head. She just has a special glow and anyone who comes in contact with her can see it. There are so many qualities that I admire about my mom. She is so patient! I hardly have seen my mom lose her temper. It takes A LOT to make her mad or at least to show it. She never has used harsh words with me and has hardly ever yelled. I hope I can be as patient with my children as she has been with all of us. My mother has great strength and a great testimony. These are qualities that I have come to admire and respect my mom for even more over the years. As a mother, you deal with a lot of stress. I have seen my mom take upon this stress but she never gives up. She takes it on with a quiet strength. She never loses an ounce of love but rather gains in tons. My mother never asks for much, and as usual all she wanted for Mother’s Day was for all her children to be together. (She did however let me get her a red purse :)) I could go on for days about my mother but you can’t mention my mom without mentioning Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart! As we always say, she blows Martha Stewart out of the water! She is an amazing cook, decorator, home-maker and we wish everyone could partake of her great talents. My mother is too humble though and avoids any recognition. One day though you may see her great recipes in a cookbook or maybe even a store! I hope I can be half the person my mother is and I am so thankful for the great example she is to me. I love you Mom!

My mom and her sweet mother


Cooking of course :)


All us crazy kids with Mom's classic "funny pose"

I have to say too I am grateful for all the other wonderful mothers in my life. I have great examples of mothers in sisters, grandmas, and in-laws! I feel so blessed and thankful I will have such amazing people to look to when I have children!

1 comments:

Amy said...

That is such a beautiful tribute to your Mom, Chelsie! Although I haven't had the chance to be around her that much, I always feel of her kindness and love, especially for you!

PS LETS GET TOGETHER :)