Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Blue Lemon

Last week my mom was nice enough to come down and stay with me while Jeff was away in New Mexico for his game. If you know my family, we love our food and love trying new and different restaurants. On vacations, my mom would research all the different restaurants in the area and we would go try the ones she picked out. Needless to say, I have learned to do the same so I am always looking for new places to try for when she comes down. I was reading in a magazine about this restaurant called Blue Lemon Bistro and Restaurant in Highland and it sounded pretty good so we decided to give it a shot! We were not disappointed! The food was all very yummy and they have a very different selection of food. Their motto is “pure clean food with a twist” and they tout their food on its freshness and quality of ingredients. We tried the Vegetable Lasagna and the Pineapple Barbecue Brisket Sandwich with the sweet potato fries. Both were excellent and the sandwich was very messy but all the better! If you love vegetables, you will love the lasagna and they’re alfredo sauce was very good too. I think my most favorite was the Butternut Squash soup though. It was sooo good and I think it may be the best Butternut Squash soup I’ve ever had. My only negative comments are that the food was not very warm, except for the soup. The fries were a little on the cool side and would have been much better hot. Their desserts were also not that impressive. It’s pretty hard to beat Magelby’s chocolate cake! Overall though, it was delish and I would definitely recommend it. Just writing about it is making me want to go back! You can check them out at http://www.bluelemonutah.com/.


Pineapple Barbecue Brisket

Vegetable Lasagna

Sweet Potato Fries

You can look at more pics of menu items on their website too!

1 comments:

Amy said...

YUM! Never heard of it it, but sounds delicious!