Sunday, November 29, 2009

Company!

I don't know why I have the hardest time keeping up with blogging but back in October my mom and sis came to visit us here in Florida and it was so fun! It was good to have them here and for them to finally see where we are living and everything. I wish they could have stayed a little longer but we tried to squeeze in as much as we could! Here is a quick overview of what we did...

We went to a USF football game



We went to the beach. The first time we went it was a little too cold so we didn't stay very long but we went again and the weather was much better!



We took them to The Old Salty Dog of course...





We went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure. There were no lines so we were able to cover most of the rides and I was so proud of my mom. She went on every ride despite the outcome of her hairdo haha. I love her.

Some of my favorite pics :)

We ate tons! We tried some new restaurants and some Jeff and I had been to already. My mom loves key lime pie so we tried many different kinds of key lime pie, humongous cookies from Universal, multiple desserts from Berns Steakhouse dessert room (which were actually a disapointment), and fried chicken and pies from Yoder's (another restaurant from Man vs Food). My family has an incredible ability to eat haha and this doesn't even cover half of what we ate.

Dinner at one restaurant...

on to dessert at the next!

The time went all too quickly though and I had to say good-bye. It was so hard for me! It was almost harder saying good-bye then than when we moved! After I dropped them off at the airport, I literally cried all the way home. I felt like a part of me had been taken away and I haven't felt like that in a long time or not since Jeff and I had gone through our break-ups. I think I felt so sad because I have everything here in Florida I want except my family. It is easier for me to leave Utah because I am going back to Jeff but this time they were leaving me! To help ease my pain, Jeff told me to plan a trip home so I bought a ticket after they left and I'm going back in January! I wish Florida wasn't so far from them but I am thankful that they were able to come and that I was able to spend the time that I did with them! I love my family!

5 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

How fun! I still cry everytime I leave my family. It's hard being away! You look gorgeous in all your pics.

Amy said...

That is so fun! I bet it was so hard saying goodbye, but will make saying hello in January that much more sweet! I better be seeing you when you come back!!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenn and yes Amy you definitely will be seeing me when I come back!

Unknown said...

Thanks Jenn and yes Amy you definitely will be seeing me when I come back!

Anonymous said...

Looking for an update little sister!