Monday, November 2, 2009

The Old Salty Dog

Jeff and I have been very busy exploring Florida and we have loved pretty much every spot we have gone! Recently, with the help of Man vs. Food, we found another great place! I don't know if you have ever watched Man vs. Food before but it's a show on the Travel Channel and we just randomly started watching it and love it. The host travels to places all over the country to try foods that have become "famous" in their area and also competes in different food challenges. It's crazy some of the things he eats. I don't know how he does it! Anyways, he went to Sarasota, Florida to try a few restaurants there and that is how we discovered the "salty dog." The salty dog can be found at the Old Salty Dog restaurant and it is a beer battered hot dog. Those of you who know Jeff know that he loves his hot dog so this added a whole new element to it! Sarasota is one of our favorite beach spots so after a great day at the beach, we headed to try this famous salty dog. I wasn't quite sure about it but it was actually pretty good! I have to admit though it's not the salty dog that will bring me back to this restaurant. It's a waterfront, literally on the water restaurant and the view is amazing! Florida has all these little restaurants on the water and I love them. It is the most relaxing thing to just sit and enjoy the beach while you eat. Yes, I am spoiled but very grateful to live in such a beautiful place!


Front of the restaurant
The Salty Dog (this is from the second time we went...we forgot to take a pic of it the first time!)

Isn't the water just amazing


Ahh...I love it






3 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

My dad loves that show. That hot dog looks disgusting! haha. At least the view is to die for!

Unknown said...

Haha I know that's what I thought when I saw it. I had a bite of Jeff's though and it tastes a lot better than it looks!

Amy said...

I'm glad you're having so much fun! His hot dog looks like it should be at a state fair where it's okay to eat deep fried anything and everything! :)