Friday, June 12, 2009

The Case of the Missing iPod Touch

Wednesday was a very weird day for me. I was just out of it! My day started that way when on my way to work, I almost ran a red light because it just didn’t occur to me to break although I was staring at the light! The day just didn’t seem to get better.

On my way home from work, I stopped at Costco to get a few things. We have an iPod touch and I have fallen in love with that thing! I use it all the time and take it every where I go. I have an app on it that is a grocery list so I had it out with me while I was at Costco. I checked out and remembered I sat it there on the counter thing while I paid and even thought, “Someone could just come by and swipe it so easily.” That was it though and then I was on my way.

After I got home, I put the groceries away and then decided to check my email on the touch. I went to my purse where it normally is, and it wasn’t there. I checked in the bag where I put some of the groceries and it wasn’t there. Panic started to set in. I kept telling myself that I picked it up! I didn’t leave it! At least I didn’t remember leaving it on the counter but I couldn’t think of what else could have happened to it. I called Costco and headed back but no luck. They didn’t have anything and the guy that checked me out was gone. I retraced my steps and there was just no iPod anywhere to be found. I wanted to cry. I was so frustrated because I hate losing things and normally I don’t do things like that. All night, all I could think about was the touch and trying to figure out how I could have lost it. I even looked to see if I put it away with the groceries. Jeff kept telling me it would turn up and I just hoped and prayed he was right!

Well, last night I pulled out the plastic container of spinach that I had gotten from Costco and on top of that container, yes, was the iPod touch. I just said to Jeff, “Look!” I was so excited but I couldn’t believe I had stuck it in the fridge with the spinach! When I checked to see if I put it away with the groceries the night before, I had forgotten about the spinach. It was a very cold iPod but it seems to still be working ok so I am just so relieved. I still can’t believe I did that and I think that is the most absent-minded thing I have ever done! Oh, it just makes me laugh.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Haha, you're so cute. Glad you found it, though! It's the worst feeling to not know where something is, especially when it's expensive!