Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Strawberries n' cream and other sweet things

This last weekend was quite busy and we had some exciting events so I thought I would do a little blogging plus I have nothing to do at work! Friday was our date night and word to the wise, DO NOT go see Year One! It was the worst movie ever! I really mean it too, I think it was one of the worst movies I have ever seen haha. Jeff and I ended up leaving it early so save yourself some money and see a different movie.
Saturday was our eventful day though and it started out with a birthday celebration at Tucanos for my nephews. Conner is my brother's son and he is here visiting for a month so we did a belated 13th birthday celebration for him and then Dallin had his 14th birthday last Thursday. I can't believe how old they are getting! They are just growing up so fast and they are such mature, awesome boys! Dallin just got his braces off on his birthday so he is looking much older and then everytime we see Conner he is like a foot taller! He is taller than me and is about to pass Tamree up and he is only 13! These kids are amazing though and I am so proud of them!

Gettin the birthday song from Tucanos

Conner and Dallin


Next we rushed off to a baptism for one of Jeff's teammates, Matt Mason. Jeff spoke and it was just so neat to see all these big burly men become emotional haha. The baptism was very special though and we are so happy and proud of Matt for the decision that he made to get baptized. He is a great guy and has a great heart. He is the one with the mohawk. :) I know Jeff will miss these guys a lot when we move!



After the baptism we met up with my family again at the Strawberry Days rodeo in Pleasant Grove. I had never been to that rodeo before but it was a lot of fun! We of course tried their famous strawberries n' cream, which was very yummy, and tried to not get too muddy! It had poured earlier so the ground was super muddy.

My niece was so cute. She was riding her own "horse" and had her lasso going too haha. She loved it!


We headed back home afterwards to hang out with some friends who were staying with us and Tod and Lauren. Sam, Ashley and Parker, we loved having you and our house feels so empty with you all gone! Now there are just boxes everywhere haha. The moving process has begun!

We finished the weekend off on Sunday with my fam to celebrate Father's Day. I am so thankful for my great father and all the other men who are fathers in my life! They are amazing priestholders and I don't know what I would do without them! I can't wait too for when my sweetie is a Daddy! I know Jeff will make a great father but we plan to enjoy Florida a bit before any kiddos come along. :)

I hope all you fathers had a great Father's Day and a great weekend!

1 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

What a fun weekend! You look so pretty as usual. I love watching big men get emotional too, haha. I can't believe it's almost your one year anniversary!