Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The Sunshine State=Future Home

On July 3rd we will be begin our trek back to the sunny state of Florida! It is actually happening and I can’t believe it. We decided back in January that we wanted to move and met with the boss there in Tampa (Jeff is just transferring with his company) and even looked at some housing while we were there on vacation with Jeff’s family. We really liked the boss and he liked Jeff and said that he would love to have him there in the office so we decided to keep in touch and we would figure out a time to move. His company though hit a hard spot with the economy so we put the idea aside thinking it might not be the best idea to move right now with the economy so unstable. Jeff was disappointed and was thinking that we would be stuck in Utah forever! Then about a month or so ago his boss in Tampa called him up and asked if we were still coming and that he is ready for us! We were very surprised to get the call from him but we took that as a good sign and made the decision to go for it! We were thinking maybe September or even a little later but then he called him up and said they wanted him to start the beginning of July! I am actually glad though that they want him to come earlier because now that I know we are going for sure, I hate waiting! I want to just go right now! We have slowly begun the packing process and our plan is to ship the Cadillac and then tow the Honda behind the moving van. We will be staying with a family friend when we get there and hopefully find an apartment soon to move into! We are very excited and ready for adventure but the hardest thing will be of course to leave family and friends. All of my family is here so I will be sad to leave them and I know it will be an adjustment for me but as long as I have Jeff I know I will be ok! We can’t wait to get out of Utah and have no snow and to blaze our own trail!! Sun, beaches, palm trees, Universal Studios…sigh. Can’t wait!
The city of Tampa

Hopefully we don't get one of these knocking at our door but Jeff loves alligators. This actually happened in Florida too!

There will probably be a lot more beach pictures in the near future :)

4 comments:

Tim and Jennifer said...

Wow! That is so exciting! It will be nice for you guys to start your own life away from family...but I'm counting down the days until I can live by family again. Congrats!!

Abby said...

That will be so fun Chelsie. I am happy for the two of you I think it will be an excellent adventure! I just had one of my cousins move there they love it there!! I hope it will be a wonderful experience for the two of you! I will miss seeing you in Utah when I come to visit though:(

Amy said...

I will miss you and it will be weird to think you are not nearby, but this will be such an amazing thing for you and Jeff to go off on your own to a place you both love! I'm excited for you!

camilla hallows said...

Yea for Tampa! We are living in Tampa for the summer and LOVE it. Let us know when you get in town and we'll have you over for dinner! Chelsie you are so beautiful I can't wait to meet you in person!

camillahallows@gmail.com